Our collective community values:
- Positivity – We choose to cultivate positivity in our interactions with each other, creating a space where people can come to feel uplifted and inspired.
- We choose to be kind and polite to one another. We don’t have to agree on everything – in fact, we believe that it’s beneficial to have varied views and perspectives. However, we encourage all members to be constructive and tactful when sharing their opinions. Everyone deserves to share their thoughts and ideas in our community, as long as they are respectful toward others.
- We choose to be mindful of how our words and tone might be understood. We’ve learned that written communication has the potential to be easily misinterpreted, especially by members from different cultures and backgrounds. For instance, sometimes sarcasm is not so easily translated to other languages. If there’s a moment when someone says something that feels offensive, it’s very likely that they didn’t mean to upset anyone and it was just a misunderstanding or miscommunication. However, if you have felt hurt or offended by anything that’s been said by someone in the community, please feel free to speak with that person privately or contact someone on the Insightflow team for extra support.
What we encourage you to do in the community:
Share your challenges & ask for help
- Absolutely feel free to share the challenges you’re going through (or questions you have) and ask for advice and guidance. It’s likely that others are going through or have gone through the same experience. You can also ask for feedback on your work.
- Best practice: when you ask questions, make sure to get really specific, so that people know the best way to help you.
Answer questions & support others
- When you’re able to, please help others in the community by answering their questions, sharing your ideas, and supporting them.
- Note: while blatant self-promotion isn’t supported in this community, if you or your company have created a resource that would be truly useful in helping to support someone’s question or challenge, you can share it in response, with a disclaimer that it was created by you or your company.
- Best practice: asking follow-up questions is a great way to engage and help focus your answers to people’s questions.
Start and join in for discussions
- Feel free to kick off a general discussion about any topic that is pertinent to the group that you’re posting in.
- Best practice: make sure to engage with members when they respond to your discussion!
Share helpful resources & tips
- You are welcome to share any great resources you come across, as long as you are willing to engage in a conversation about it.
- Best practice: share context about why you’re sharing this resource or tip with the community.
Build connections with one another
- This community is filled with like-minded, positive, awesome people, and we are always trying to help you build connections with each other through community activities, events and discussions.
- Best practice: be open, kind and inclusive with one another, and you’ll make some wonderful professional connections and friendships along the way.
What we do not allow:
- Any type of spam
- Sharing a link without wanting to start a useful discussion around it
- Sharing the exact same post several times or across multiple groups.
- Being rude, hateful or insulting
- Harassing other members. This includes:
- Offensive comments or jokes related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Threats of violence
- Unwelcomed sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Non-consensual publication of private correspondence
Responses to any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct:
If you are being harassed, or if you notice that someone else in the Insightflow Community is being harassed, please contact a Insightflow team member via email (all reports are confidential).
If a member engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, they may be given a warning or they may be asked to leave the community, depending on the severity of the behaviour. If a member is asked to stop any harassing behaviour, they are expected to comply immediately.
Two quick notes:
- While we don’t intend to delete anyone’s comments, if we ever see any cruel/offensive/harassing comments, trolling, graphic content or messages that feel like spam, we reserve the option of deleting comments at our sole discretion.
- If you have not-so-positive yet crucial feedback for someone, it might be more appropriate to share it privately, and in a supportive way. If you need any help with this, please feel free to ask a Insightflow team member for advice. We’re happy to help you with this.
At the end of the day, we encourage you to bring a positive and open mind to the Insightflow community. We promise you’ll get the most out of it that way.